The OSGP Alliance is the global non-profit association dedicated to promoting the adoption of the Open Smart Grid Protocol (OSGP) and infrastructure for smart grid applications towards a future proof modern smart grid.
Our members come from the key stakeholders in the industry, including utilities, hardware manufacturers, service providers and system integrators. All sharing a common goal and vision; promoting open standards for energy demand side management, smart grid and smart metering systems.
The energy industry is facing countless new challenges. Most issues revolve around the 'energy trilemma' meaning the sector is striving to ensure that energy is secure, sustainable and affordable. The critical issue is about enabling the smart grid, an energy infrastructure that runs from generation to distribution and includes thousands of grid-connected devices and systems that consume energy. A global revolution on interoperability standards is needed to guarantee innovation in terms of adopting new technologies and open standards as they come available. That's where the OSGP Protocol stands out!
Our vision is a strong participation of key industry stakeholders working together to realize the next generation smart grid leading towards the long-term goals of the smart grid: affordability, security and sustainability.
OUR OBJECTIVES ARE :
- Support OSGP in internationally recognized standardization bodies to achieve a rapid adoption of OSGP worldwide
- Educate the market and promote the OSGP standard
- Interact with Policy Makers on behalf of the OSGP community
- Give OSGP members a greater visibility
- Gather intelligence and information for OSGP members
- Working with media to raise awareness of OSGP and the future proof modern grid
- Proving opportunities for networking and partnering
- Lead member-driven standalone marketing events and at trade shows in target geographies